1.1 The Recyclers is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website.
1.2 We recognise the importance of protecting your privacy in respect of your personal information (as defined in Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013) collected by us when you use this website.
1.4 By continuing to use this website you agree that we may “collect, collate, process and/or store” your personal information (as defined in POPI) (“process”) for, amongst other things, (i) the purposes of providing you with access to the website and the website content; and (ii) for any of the purposes provided for herein.
1.5 Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, we will notify the relevant regulator and you, unless a public body responsible for detection, prevention or investigation of offences or the relevant regulator informs us that notifying you will impede a criminal investigation. When we notify you that your personal information has been accessed or acquired, we will provide you with sufficient information to allow you to take protective measures against the potential consequences of the compromise.
2.1 The Recyclers request information on social media platforms and The Recyclers website purely for the use of obtaining client details to make contact and arrange collection of clients’ that are interested in such service.
2.2 The Recyclers will not in any way sell of disclose such information to any third parties.
2.3 When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
2.4 We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
2.5 Personal information we collect:
2.6 How do we use your personal information?
- Communicate with you.
- Book a collection service.
- Screen our clients for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
2.7 Sharing of your personal information
- You consent that we may disclose your personal information to firm approved third party providers (as referred to below) where necessary.
- You agree that once your information has been de-identified, i.e.: delete any information that identifies you, personal information may be shared under the following circumstances:
- To our agents, advisers, service providers and suppliers (our SEO agency,
- creative, brand, digital and media agencies) Microsoft, Google and other research agents).
- To monitor web traffic: web servers serving the website automatically collect information about pages you visit. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits.
- For statistics purposes: we may perform statistical analyses in order to measure interest in the various areas of the website (for product development purposes).
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for any number of reasons, including advertising, promotional and/or other purposes; and
2.8 You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Include opt-out links from whichever services being used.
Common links include:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
2.9 Do not track.
- Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
2.10 Data retention
- When you make contact via our social media sites or website, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
3.1 The Recyclers request the following information from our clients. Name and surname
Email address Physical address
2.1.4 Contact detail
3.2 Information requested are used for invoicing, collections and deliveries.
3.3 The Recyclers will not in any way sell of disclose such information to any third parties.
3.4 The data is stored on an accounting system with centralized backup.
3.5 For more information on please visit:
4.1 The Recyclers initiates discussions with clients related to the collection and destruction of confidential documentation.
4.2 Collection of client’s information namely, company name, contact numbers, company address, and contact person will be placed in The Recyclers client database for logistic purposes.
4.3 Collection of client’s company documentation and personalized files The Recyclers agrees not to disclose, use or collect information from documentation collected from client’s offices or archived storerooms.
4.4 The Recyclers will solely collect documentation, sort if necessary and see to the destruction of confidential documentation.
4.5 The Recyclers will not collect information for own use or any third-party use.
4.6 The Recyclers takes into consideration the implementing of the new POPI act and ensures that the confidentiality of our clients, their client files and information collected at your offices are handled accordingly.
4.7 At all times, the documents and information there off shall remain the exclusive property of the disclosing Party until such information and or documents have been destroyed.
4.8 The Recyclers recognises that the confidentiality of the information is integral to the conduct of the other Party’s business and its goodwill in the marketplace and that any unauthorised use or disclosure will cause substantial business and financial loss to that Party. The Parties will take reasonable precautions to treat and safeguard the information as strictly private and confidential.
5 YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 You have the right to request that we correct, destroy or delete any of your personal information that we have processed in accordance with this policy. The personal information that you may request us to correct, destroy or delete is personal information that has been processed that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained unlawfully or that we are no longer authorised to retain.
5.2 You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent can only be made by you on the condition that:
5.2.1 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information before the withdrawal of your consent; or
5.2.2 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information if the processing is in compliance with an obligation imposed by law on us; or
5.2.3 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information where such processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body.
5.2.4 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information as required to finalise the performance of a contract in which you are a party; or
5.2.5 The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your personal information as required to protect your legitimate interests or our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
5.3 You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on reasonable grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is required by law.
5.4 You can make the objection if the processing of your personal information is not necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body; or if the processing of your personal information is not necessary to pursue your legitimate interests; our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to which the information is supplied.
5.5 You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, at any time, if the processing is for purposes of direct marketing other than direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications and you have not given your consent for that processing.
5.6 You have the right not to have your personal information processed for purposes of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications from third parties unknown to you.
5.7 You have the right not to be subjected to a decision which is based solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information intended to provide a profile of you.
5.8 Decisions that you may not be subjected to are decisions that result in legal consequences for you or affect you to a substantial degree:
5.8.1 Without being for the execution of a contract that you have received performance for; or
5.8.2 Decisions made that are not in terms of law or of a code of conduct that specifies what appropriate measure must be taken to protect your legitimate interests.
6 REVIEWING OR CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, The Recyclers gives users the option to change or modify their information previously provided. If you would like to change your information currently in our database, please contact us.
6.2 The Recyclers is not responsible for updating information contained in third party lists or databases.
7.1 We are committed to taking reasonable and responsible steps to ensure the security of your information.
7.2 To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put into place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7.3 However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, and subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, we shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, The Recyclers makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free.
8 ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
Clients have the right to ask The Recyclers (Pty) Ltd to update, correct their information on reasonable grounds. We cannot delete a transaction by law on second-hand goods act.
PO Box 11299 Die Hoewes 0163
79 Lynnwood Road Die Wilgers
PO Box 11299, Die Hoewes, Gauteng 0163
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Vernon Jevon — 082 448 8161
The Recyclers (PTY) Ltd 2017/328765/07